Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ThinClient T620/T630
Linux

Hello Everyone,

I am working for a company with multiple ThinClients (arround 150+) and we're having a problem.

We want all our Thin-Clients to run on the latest BIOS version but the ThinClients are giving me a headache.

What is the procedure to update the ThinClients BIOS on ThinPro 6.2 or ThinPro 7.

I've tried everything and I am out of ideas.

The first thing I tried was an option provided by another forum wich used the HPTC-BIOS-FLASH command wich will not work anymore in ThinPro 6 and up.

First I need to know the procedure how to update the BIOS on the ThinClients, after that I'll look up a way to automate it with help of HPDM (HP Device Manager).

Is there anyone who is able to help me?

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Vinkenvleugel

[Personal Information Removed]

P.S. The ThinClients are T620's and T630's (we also have T5570's, T510's and T610's but they use another way of updating the BIOS).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

is everything ?

Did you try putting the bios bin file on USB, log into the TC as Admin, open x-term, type fsunlock, then copying the bios bin file to /writable/home/user, and then run the command hptc-bios-falsh Bios %bin-file- name%, remember, within Linux every command is case sensitive

HP Recommended

Yes actually, i've tried this. with multiple ThinClients running different versions of HP ThinPro. But after a reboot, none of them will update or install the BIOS. Seems like nothing is happening with this command.

Why does the T620 have no option in the BIOS itself for updating the BIOS?

This seems much easier.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Vinkenvleugel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.