Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lse123
Level 4
215 145 4 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

211 - Memory Warning Condition Detected Slot 2 + 203 Memory module failed self-test and failing rank

HP Recommended
HP xw6600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/problem-that-shows...

this last post left unanswered --- please reply:

I have 8 RAM slots and 8 RAM chips

IN my CASE TWO CHIPS ARE ERRONEOUS --- 

faulty 2 chips or slots are the: 2, 4 --- i cleaned slots and chips and re-inserted but the problem persist

Remove completely chips in slots 2 and 4 ... or...?

sometimes shows during boot 

211 - Memory Warning Condition Detected Slot 2

but sometimes

203 Memory module failed self-test and failing rank was disabled Slot 4

If chips problematic must be removed from PC??   

// In BIOS see the post ^^^^ shows 8 x 4GB --- Ram but in windows 32GB -- Usable 24GB

in other words, according to:

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c01319077

leave blank 6/8 slots... ??? 

Required DIMM installation order

Use the following sequence as a guide for installing memory (see the following figure for socket location):
  • Install a single DIMM configuration in socket 1.
  • Install a two-DIMM configuration as a matched pairs in sockets 1/5.
  • Install a four-DIMM configuration as two matched pairs in sockets 1/3, and 5/7.
  • Install a six-DIMM configuration as three matched pairs in sockets 1/3, 5/7, and 2/4.
  • Install an eight-DIMM configuration as four matched pairs in sockets 1/3, 5/7, 2/4, and 6/8.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation