Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600(V1)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I own a Z600 currently with just basic specs.

CpU: e5530 @ 2.4 GHZ (only one installed)

Ram: 3 x 2GB (6 GB total)

Vram: Radeon RX570 4GB (powercolor devil edition)

I am into graphics design, video editing and wanting to add motion graphics.

My problem is, I want to be able to edit 4K res video with my machine but I don't know if the Z600 is capable or not. So please if you own one that you use for 4K video editing kindly let me know the specs you use so that I can upgrade my PC accordingly.

Better still,

what is the best upgrading advice you would give me to enable me to edit 4K videos and do motion graphics with my Z600.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

A Z600 with one processor @2.4Ghz from 2009 and a GPU with 4GB VRAM will have really serious problems with 4K video in any video editing app available today. People that buy new top of the line workstation today have issues with 4K, meaning that renders take long time, general sluginesh performance. Creating proxies are often needed even on those high end workstations.

Most cameras record 4K to compressed media and the video editing app must decode that footage to playback it and your machine will have issues. Score the internet for sample files from 4K cameras and download it and test. Different media behaves different so the choice of camera and recording codec will have a great impact.

You are the only one that can decide if you can tolerate the issues and the looong time you need to spend to render out the final result.

I edit video with Adobe apps and would not even consider a Z400/Z600/Z800 for 4K if you are having paid jobs were time matters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.