Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z820 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem occurred when I was booting my PC and a warning came up with the following, "526- CPU liquid cooling pump not detected" 

I have opened the case and I don't have liquid cooling pipes. I just have 2 AC units in-between two fans, my PC has been running slower ever since and I have come to the HP community for help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

use a 3rd party program to monitor the cpu temps and determine which one is overheating and then (most likely) replace that cooling unit or try placing hand on the pump and feel for operation

check that both pumps power wires are connected to the motherboard they are labeled cpu 0/1 and are at the top of the board one at the front and one near the back

do note that the liquid cooling units are not cheap and the air cooling unit are around 70.00 each so you may want to replace both pumps with air cooled units  if your cpu's are 130 watts or lower (150 watt cpu's must use liquid cooling per HP)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

use a 3rd party program to monitor the cpu temps and determine which one is overheating and then (most likely) replace that cooling unit or try placing hand on the pump and feel for operation

check that both pumps power wires are connected to the motherboard they are labeled cpu 0/1 and are at the top of the board one at the front and one near the back

do note that the liquid cooling units are not cheap and the air cooling unit are around 70.00 each so you may want to replace both pumps with air cooled units  if your cpu's are 130 watts or lower (150 watt cpu's must use liquid cooling per HP)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.