Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
800 G3 65W mini
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I've had an HP partner login for a few years but haven't posted in the forums before. Anyway the problem we have been seeing with the 800 G3 Mini 65W when running dual monitors. This computer only has display ports in the back and when we connected dual monitors, one of them kept flickering and going black for a few seconds. The monitor having the issues is an HP LA2405wg and the monitor working fine is an HP E240. When the LA2405 monitor is the only one connected, it works fine as it did when it was connected to the 8300 USDT which is the old computer. We updated the video driver to version 21.20.16.4720 and the BIOS to 2.15 which did not help. We put the LA2405 on a display port to VGA adapter and it started working ok. We ended up replacing the LA2405 with a E240 monitor so we could run straight display port cables on both monitors.

A few days later I experienced this issue with another G3 computer running dual monitors but the screen having the problem in this case was a Dell model P2417H  and the second screen was an HP LA2405. The Dell monitor running solo works fine, I used a display port to vga adapter on the HP monitor and the Dell screen started working normal.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

unfirtunately, the la2405wg dp connection is not fully compatible with current hardware implementations, so the only choices are: use the dp-vga adapter you already use, or move to a newer monitor

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I was going to update my post earlier today, I made a mistake on the monitor having problems it is the LA2405x which is experiencing these problems, the LA2405wg works as does an LA2205wg. Earlier today we ordered about 40 dp-vga adapters as a stop gap until this could be resolved. We probably have several hundred of the LA2405x monitors in use at our organization and this is a major bummer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.