2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Add SSD drive to All-in-One PC?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-r009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am planning to get HP Pavilion 24-r009na from high street store, but I want also to buy SSD hard drive to install it. Am I able to do it or do I need to ask in store for them in order to do it? I've done it in the past to my laptops, hower not sure if warranty won't be void in this case with HP. Can you please assist?

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,300
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@r009na

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Buying an SSD and "migrating" the preinstalled OS and setup to that will NOT void the warranty --but it is not a simple thing  to do, primarily because you have to mess around with changing partition sizes since the SSD is most likely to be a LOT smaller than any HDD that comes included.

If this were mine, I would order it with an SSD already installed, and preferrably, one that is 256GB minimum size.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
r009na
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for a prompt reply. The price difference in UK is about £300-£350 between non-SSD and SSD, however I've seen the SSD drives on eBay for under £100, therefore thought about this idea..

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,300
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@r009na

I have no idea what the cost will be to order the PC from HP with an SSD already installed, it may actually be less additional cost than buying one yourself -- the difference is one of convenience.

You need special hardware (which is not free) and special software (which is free) and a considerable investment of time, in order to "migrate" an installed OS setup from an HDD to an SDD.  I have done it numerous times, but I have all the hardware and software needed to do it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation