Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z420 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

Having finally managed to get Win10 installed on my desktop, when I take a break from the computer, I sleep the computer and do what I have to do and, until now, have always been able to re-awaken it by pressing the blue power button. However for some odd reason, that no longer works! The power button is still flashing on and off like it always did before but no matter how many times I press it, nothing happens. I've tried it 3 or 4 times now and always end up having to power it down and re-start, which is obviously a right pain in the @ss. I've watched the support video on this plus others on YouTube so please don't suggest device manager, double clicking keyboard etc as I've done that and the option to allow the keyboard to awaken it is checked but doesn't work, no matter how many different keys I press! The only possible issue showing up in device manager is PCI serial port but no matter what I do (and another techie friend has tried too) no drivers are found anywhere to make that go away so it appears that's another problem perhaps for another time. And yes, I've checked the power settings as well but all seems well there unless I'm missing something? This is a real puzzle and I don't understand it at all, so if anyone out there can possibly help me cure this problem before I pull *all* my hair out, I would be exceedingly grateful!

Thank you as always, Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Mancunian_Nick,

Please read through this post.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Mancunian_Nick,

Please read through this post.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Obviously something I did worked. When I  checked earlier today after a sleep, it awoke painlessly, just as it should and did before. Thank you though. Much appreciated Brian.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.