Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 G3 miniworkstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would link to start workstation as soon as I power on the supply, but I didn't find falg in bios: is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Not sure what you mean:

When we all push the power button there is the boot up process that takes some time before the operating system can start.  Is it that you want that time shortened?

There are some changes in BIOS that can be used to speed this boot up process, and the very best way to get a sense of speed through that period is to be booting from a SSD instead of a hard disk drive (HDD).  Hopefully you have a SSD.

HP Recommended

> I would link to start workstation as soon as I power on the supply, but I didn't find falg in bios: is it possible?

Please keep looking.

Most BIOS SETUP menus have two settings:

1. automatically power-on at hh:mm on either "every-day" or specific days;

2. automatically power-on after power is restored after an outage.

Specifically, what model-number of computer do you have?

HP Recommended

I'm sorry. I thought that the model was precompiled by HP, I'm coming here from support.

I know that BIOS usually has the option you wrote about. Specifically the HP Z2 miniworkstation has the power supply at 19V, from an external adapter. I did'n found the option, but BIOS setup is huge... so I guess if anyone had the same need.

I need the power on after an outage (every time that the power goes on).

P.

HP Recommended

> I did'n found the option, but BIOS setup is huge... so I guess if anyone had the same need.

> I need the power on after an outage (every time power on goes on).

Can you use your smart-phone to snap a picture of every BIOS screen, and post those images here?

Perhaps, we can see something about those "automatic power-on" options that you cannot find.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot   :smileyembarrassed:

Meanwhile I was taking the snaps, I found the option... 

IMG_20180212_182701.jpg

Pietro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.