Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After bad BIOS flash, HP Pro 3300 MT (SKU Number LH073EA#ABE), the computer leds and beeps for 8 times (NO VIDEO). So, i think, BIOS entering in Boot Block Emergency Recovery Mode. I put a flash drive(fat32, HPBIOS.ROM in root) with the correct BIOS. The flash drive led blink for 2 seconds...and this is all

Thx in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi M0rfiUs,

Does your flash drive have other files on it?  I would suggest backing up any extra files from your flash drive to an alternate location and only having the HPBIOS.ROM image in the root directory of your FAT32 partition.

Were there any other binary files that came with your BIOS SoftPaq?

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks @HpBiosGuy for your post

I've tried several flash drives, fat16 and fat32. Only one file in root (hash file checked in flash drive).
The BIOS file "CUP_716.ROM" from sp58264.exe (4MB File) works fine in other hp pro 3300 mt. I dont use "PO2_806.ROM" from sp60638.exe because is a 8 MB BIOS

The motherboard have some jumpers CLR_CMOS, RST_CMOS, BB_RECRY (caped, without pins) OST_RST and OST_RECRY

I don't find any documentation.

This is the procedure extracted from another HP Manual

We dont have Carepak, and no guarantee

I need to recover this PC. Really.

Spoiler

Boot Block Emergency Recovery Mode permits system recovery in the unlikely event of a ROM flash

failure. For example, if a power failure were to occur during a BIOS upgrade, the ROM flash would be
incomplete. This would render the system BIOS unusable. The Boot Block is a flash-protected section
of the ROM that contains code that checks for a valid system BIOS image when the system is turned
on.

If the system BIOS image is valid, the system starts normally.

If the system BIOS image is not valid, a failsafe Boot Block BIOS provides enough support to search
removable media for BIOS image files. If an appropriate BIOS image file is found, it is automatically
flashed into the ROM.
When an invalid system BIOS image is detected, the system power LED will blink red 8 times, one blink
every second. Simultaneously, the speaker will beep 8 times. If the portion of the system ROM containing
the video option ROM image is not corrupt, Boot Block Emergency Recovery Mode will be displayed
on the screen.
To recover the system after it enters Boot Block Emergency Recovery Mode, complete the following
steps:
Turn off the power.
Insert a CD or USB flash device containing the desired BIOS image file in the root directory.
NOTE:
Turn on the computer.
If no appropriate BIOS image is found, you will be prompted to insert media containing a BIOS
image file.
If the system successfully reprograms the ROM, the system will automatically power off.
Remove the removable media used to upgrade the BIOS.
Turn the power on to restart the computer

HP Recommended

Hi,

Two suggestions:

1) If you have the means, try burning the ROM image on a CD and see if that might work in lieu of the USB flash device.

2) If the above still does not work (or you are unable to make a CD), try populating the BB_RECRY jumper with your USB flash device installed.

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Do you know what the revision of the original BIOS on the board was?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Original BIOS version 709.  Same results with CDROM with only one file "HPBIOS.ROM" (from sp58264, CUP_716.ROM -this this BIOS work fine in other PC-).

I m sure the problem is a jumper combination, CDROM label, Key sequence...

CDROM and flash drive blink for 2 seconds, so the motherboard try read it.

This is the motherboard Link

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi m0rfiUS,

I have been in contact with our Consumer BIOS experts and the recommend that the system will need to be sent to a service center to recover the BIOS at this point.  I know that is not what you wanted to hear.  I'm very sorry for your trouble.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.