Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ELITEBOOK x360 1030 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What ridiculousness....  In trying to search and respond to an issue with the BCU (which is like an old dinosaur that just won't die and be replaced by a  BB8 unit):

Have been very successful in running the BCU on most of the client's Elitebooks until today.  Seems a G7 with latest BIOS does not like the syntax for the command to 'set' the repset file.  So, it errors out with this:

<ERROR msg="Unable to open or read configuration file" />
<ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="11" translated="11" />

Luckily, I found the post previous from last December where the tech added "" around the path.. my path for the "SET" command works on other units (G2, G3) but not this one.  I don't recall seeing this in the documentation.  Perhaps I'm the dinosaur here?

Simply added the line like this and it works.. path was fine: 

BiosConfigUtility64.exe /set:"HP EliteBook x360 1030 G7.repset" /verbose /cpwdfile:"xxxxx.bin"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.