Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z800
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, i want to update my z800 bios, i went to the drivers page of z800 but i did not find anything related to updating bios, there is a tutorial here on hp.com but it doesn't match what i find, they say if you go to a page they show, you can find the update download but stuff seemed different now, i have version 03.20 and i want to update it to the latest version keeping in mind that i need keep my windows 8.1 pro x64.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I understand, as the BIOS updates are listed under Windows 7.  There are no updates listed under Windows 8, however the BIOS version 3.60 Rev. A

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-z800-workstation/3718645/swItemId/wk-1...

There are Installation instructions toward the bottom of the download page:

This SoftPaq includes the following methods for changing the BIOS version:
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Use the utilities in this package to flash the BIOS in a DOS environment from bootable media.
- Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive or CD-ROM drive.

Try to run the update in Windows 8 but if it says it will not run, then do the BIOS update using the USB flash drive or CD-ROM drive options.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding, as shown in the page you provided, the update its not for win 8.1, while knowing that, is it okay to do the update anyway?

HP Recommended

Whatever the reason for updated BIOS request, this is it.  If you wish to try to run inside Windows, give it a try.  If it says it will not run, then do the BIOS update using the USB flash drive or CD-ROM drive options.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My Z800 worked very well until HP Assist suggested a BIOS update.
He had V.3.57 and updated without problems at V.3.60! With this bios Power On-BIOS option (from Monday to Friday start at 😎 does NOT work.
I tried to get back to V.3.57 taken here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63463.exe but it was not written OK (BIOS error code was 0xF0 - FLASH_FAILED ). I had to put V.3.60 back and understand it still does not work Power On-BIOS!
My successive attempts to write V.3.57 and then V.3.60 were also including deleting data from the Power On-BIOS.
Can anyone help me with a suggestion or need a new BIOS to solve this problem and where should I ask for such a problem?
Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I am glad I'm not the only one. My Bios Power-On schedule isn't working either. This is a known issue with v3.60?? Can we get an update HP?? This is really annoying. 

HP Recommended

Hello,
Recommended steps:
1. Download V3.57 (or the latest BIOS).
2. Check what settings on RAID to put them back as they are now.
3. Install the new BIOS and close it.
4. Open the cover on the graphics station, remove cover or protective caps.
5. Locate the reset button on the motherboard and hold it for 5-6 seconds.
6. Set the start time and check the date / time.
Success

HP Recommended

This is 2018. Is there an update to the BIOS for Windows 10 64bit on the Z800? If not, is the V3.57 still recommended over the V3.6?

Thansk!

HP Recommended

V3.6 bios version now has support in Win10, but consider the procedure described above.
Other things do not happen!
Success.

HP Recommended

My quetion is about the BIOS update using:

Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive or CD-ROM drive.

I assume that when you execute the downloaded "sp84159.exe" file, it will give us the option to create a ROM images. Which means, I can run this exe file on any window 7 machine (it does not have to be HP Z800 machine).  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.