Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2013 ultraslim docking
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Like many people I have problems with my HP 2013 ultraslim docking station and DisplayPort connection.

I connect my laptop elitebook 1041 g1 with a DisplayPort to a iiyama ProLite B2783QSU monitor. When plugged into the laptop, everything works properly, display port 1.2 and 2560x1440.

By cons, on the docking station no image is displayed on the monitor : black screen. Every attempt I hear the sound of connection / disconnection of a new material, the screen on and off without turning on any image. Whether Display port 1.1 or 1.2 on the monitor.

Everything is updated :
- Firmware dock station: 2.27.000 Rev.A (March 31, 2015) - I had to go the DP 1.1 Monitor to get there.
- BIOS laptop 01.33 Rev.A (6 November 2015).
- Intel drivers Rev.W 4139 (8 April 2015).

I have 2 identical screens and would like to connect them to the station ...

Do you have an idea ?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Is there any solution yet? I have a similar problem.

HP Recommended

A new Intel video driver version 4332 was released for this product so i would certainly try that first. If that still does not work, then the is possibly a sync problem with the DP hub used in the dock with the special display. I would then open an HP support case

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I got a new firmware for the docking station from hp. It seems like that the firmware fixed our problems.

The ftp Link from HP for the firmware is not working anymore, but I uploaded it to dropbox.

You need to download the "TeslaUpdater-7.61" and "tesla_firmware_hp_Ver2_30_000.zip". Unzip the folders, start  "TeslaUpdater.exe", choose the firmware file "tesla_firmware_hp_Ver2_30_000.eeprom" and follow the instructions.

As far as I know, you need a monitor connected with displayport during the firmware update.

Please let me know, if the firmware update was helpfull.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I'm having a similair problem but with VGA, I've run all latest updates for the Graphics and Bios. Tried another HP notebook on the same docking station and connects to the monitor straight away.

HP Recommended

Please, make sure the ultraslim dock firmware is up to date

(ver 2.30 sp75855 - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815295&swItemId=ob_165723_1&swEnvOid=419... ),

then run HP Image Assistant to analyze that your system is up to date (drivers and firmware)

www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

if Image Assistant does not support your 1040 G1, then use HP SDM - Softpaq Download Manager - available from the same site

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Updated the dock firmware to 2.3.3 and all drivers are up to date. 

It detects there is a second screen in display properties but nothing appears and the resolution is greyed out. 

HP Recommended

The latest update is the only one that has worked for me.  : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.exe

HP Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware Update

VERSION: 2.33.000 REV: A PASS: 1

Install with everything connected and powered.  After the update is complete, undock and re-dock the notebook to enable the new DisplayPort controller firmware version.

HP Recommended

This wasn't the case for me and nothing to do with the firmware. I had to get HP to replace the system board because the docking port was faulty. It's a badly designed laptop apparently

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.