3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black screen after nwe windows installation

HP Recommended
z820
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,
after a reinstallation of windows 7 on z820 and after a reboot of the machine the screen is always black and the fans are at maximum speed, I already tried replacing the video card, the ram and the power supply.Any additional hardware has been disconnected

Can someone give me an idea?

3 REPLIES 3
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if you did not do a bios update just before the black screen problem, then this might help

btw, is the power light flashing when you power on and get the black screen

1. power off, remove power cord

2. press power button for 5 sec  to drain pwr supply/motherboard caps

3. press cmos reset button for 5 sec, release

4. remove cmos battery,  wait 12 hours

5. reinstall cmos battery, power on system, if your lucky it will boot

i've seen several z800/z820 systems that had corupted cmos settings that resulted in the symptioms you have described

and this usually revived them

if you did a bios update, and now have a black screen let us know

0 Kudos
cineticavideo
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately nothing has changed, the only difference is that after the procedure you

wrote to me now when the computer is turned on, the internal fans start at maximum,both the LEDs, the front of the power button and the LED on the back are fixed on blue.

Thanks 

Alex

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

search this forum for "SDH'S" post on the z620/z820 crisis revival procedure

the hp z620/z820 systems have a failsafe boot code in the rom that can not be overwritten which allows a bios reflash if the main bios is corupted

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Crisis-Recovery-Ju...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation