Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after the latest Windows 10 update I've ran into a boot issue where after I shut my system down, everytime I hit the power on button the system will attempt to start up then turnoff then attempt to start up again.  It gets in this loop and doesn't end.  I can sometimes get it into bios where I found out that the Windows 10 update got corrupted and was able to restart my system with a MS boot usb and start fresh hoping that would solve my issue.  After sometime partioning drives I was able to get it running again.  But as of lately it randomly turns off and get back into the same issue as before.  It will sometimes give me four beeps then stop.  I have reset the cmos with no luck and have read some other forums but haven't found anything that works.  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

I always ensure that Fast Startup is off/inactive etc.

4 beeps has various possibilities depending upon the BIOS maker.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

But a corrupted install suggests hardware failure imminent, so an F2 diagnostic?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.