Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Boot-Verzögerung durch ActivBoard im USB-Anschluss

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are having problems with our pcs an the connected promethean activboards V3 78 Zoll. During Boot-process the pc is trying to boot with the board as source, although usb-boot is disabled.

i tryed several bios versions, and i am having the newest version on some pcs.

i bought new usb cables

the firmware of the activboard is newest

please fix this problem in a future bios update. or tell me how to encounter this promblem on my own.

thanks

georg koeppen

10 REPLIES 10
DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i suspect the boot order is all that needs to be changed

have you gone into the bios and changed the device boot order,

making sure the usb device is after the hard drive and cd/dvd drive

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HerrKoeppen
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No thats not it

Boot order is changed to
Lan
Hd
Cd (deactivated)
Usb(deactivated)

Usb ist forbidden. Nonetheless bios is trying to access the usb-connected board.

Is there a possibility to completely disable usb only during bios (it has to be available when os is started!)

Thanks!
HerrKoeppen
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it possible that the option USB Redirection Support changes something?

Thanks

DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if the bios option lists the usb as the last device in the boot option list it should ignore the USB device and boot from the listed devices in order

i would set the boot sequence to 

CD/DVD

Hard Drive

USB

all i can think of is that perhaps your HD is taking to long to provide a ready/good signal and the bios is then moving to the next device in the list some bios's have a option to pause before trying a drive see if you have a (drive timeout/Drive wait)

option in your bios

you can also simply disable the boot from usb option in the bios

HerrKoeppen
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

we have a network boot.

order is

network

hdd

cd (disabled)

usb (disabled)

we use ssd-harddrives.

we have two types of workstations in our school, for students and for teachers. they all use the same pc (prodesk 600 g2 sff). the only difference is that teachers pcs are connected to a promethean activboard via usb. the activboard is an input device. teachers pcs need longer to start.

students pcs are working fine. they boot fast.

alle configurations are the same. its the recognition of the usb-connected acitvboard in bios that makes the difference. how can i diable all usb devices only during bios, but not hide them for os?

DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disabling the USB boot option, is not the same as disable devices "USB"

the boot option simply tells the system to ignore any usb devices when booting

disable device (usb) means to remove all usb devices from the OS found devices

i don't have this model PC, so you will have to check the bios and see if you do have both options 

the computer manual might help you?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1062277/Hp-Prodesk-600-G2-Small-Form-Factor.html?page=78

HerrKoeppen
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is it a chipset problem?

i never thought about installing the Intel Chipset Support oder the Intel Management Engine Driver. Might it help?

DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the intel chipset "driver" is not really a driver all it actually does is replace a  unknown device  with the name in the chipset driver if you look at the extracted chipset files, you will note there are no dll's or exe's  only text strings

are you using the Intel AMT/mgmt engine for remote access to the desktops? if not then disable it as it's a known security risk and outside of enterprise remote access features it has no other use

HerrKoeppen
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the source of the problem is the Hardwareerkennung during startup.

So please give me an advice how to suppress the hardwareerkennung for a certain usb-port or release an update that fixes the hardwareerkennung for the promethean activ board v3

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation