Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z400 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello

all the problems started after I changed from the harddisk to a SSD (whereby all the content get cloned).

1. after power up, the boot process comes to the first screen and rests there until I press a key.

1. Screen1. Screen

It seems that also F9 and F10 have the same effect as the rest as it goes further to the second screen.

How to avoid resting on this screen and automatically boot beyond?

2. it then crawls everytime trough this process.

2. Screen2. Screen

How to avoid this and set the SSD as boot medium?

I set the BIOS back to the default settings but the behavior is still the same.

Thanks for any feedback and hints.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

first of all what SSD did you buy (need fulll part number)

second did/does the ssd show up in the bios?

third when cloning it's best to have the original drive on the SATA ports (1-5) and not on the LSI SAS/SATA controller

fourth what cloning program was used?

HP Recommended

first of all, I made this SSD cloning about 2-3 years ago and the startup was all the time time consuming with different screens (something like screen 2, then the windows start manager). 

then i started to modificate it and the above was the new problem.

now I found out that the 1. screen goes away after about 40 seconds and it is booting then automatically.

now the current question is how to speed up this process? sorry about the confusion!

if the answers are still important:

SSD: sandisk SDSSDA-120G (2.5")

BIOS: yes, and it is first in the boot order

it was with a USB-SATA adapter

can't remember about the then used program

thanks again for any help and please excuse the wrong path i gave

HP Recommended

sorry but statements like "i changed things 2 or 3 years ago" and " i can't remember cloning program used" along with

did "stuff" in start  manager, are not informative statements that would allow me (or anyone else) to base any sort of help on....

i can only recomend you look at the windows boot.ini files and if you change anything, DOCUMENT THE CHANGES

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/editing-the-boot-ini-file

HP Recommended

that's fine. we can stop here.

means also, if a requester had a machine that he got recently or don't have a detailed machine log no one could help...

it's somehow disappointing to get such answers of disabuse in a forum from such a brand. 

have fun 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.