Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-19-2020 01:23 PM - last edited on 06-19-2020 01:40 PM by Cheron-Z
Product: Zbook studio g3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The Product ID: X9R18EC#ABY
Serial Number: 
I want to know how to verify if the product that am about to buy(which has de product details as above) is the original but not a fake or refurbished.
I tried searching for the product info at the hp support website(www.hp.com) but it wouldn't go through.
1 REPLY 1
06-19-2020 02:03 PM
This product was introduced end of May in 2016
Nice computer for its time.
At this point, the unit is likely either used and / or refurbished - we just don't have any way to know the answer.
If you are expecting a "new" computer, it is possible the machine sat on a shelf for four years without being sold - it is unlikely.
What if the computer did just sit around and was never sold?
Possible problems with old computers that "sit around" include and may not be limited to:
- If the computer has just been sitting around, the battery is likely dead,
- The software is severely out of date.
- This model was offered with Windows 7 available - Windows 7 is not supported any longer. If the computer has Windows 7 on it, you will be in trouble right away.
You can't stand it, you want more information...
You MIGHT be able to get more information about the computer using PartSurfer, the region, and the serial number.
If it works, the results would depend that the computer is in the PartSurfer database and that it is actually from your region in the first place...
PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your computer.
- For best results, use the Serial Number for your search
- Reminder: Do NOT post private information (including serial number) here on the Community)
- Select your Country
- Search for your computer / printer / device
- Need Help? Tab Self help > find and open the User Guide and FAQ
How to use PartSurfer:
- Select your region / country - PartSurfer must know your general location
- Enter your device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
- HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
- Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase
- N/A means the part is not carried / offered for purchase by HP.
Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from: HP Parts Store
What to do?
Were it me, I would reconsider.
Spend your money on a new computer instead of a four year old model.
The price may be tempting - the amount of trouble could be more than it's worth.
Thank you for participating in ourHP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supportingHP technology
ClickThumbs Up to say Thank You!
Answered? Click"Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community