Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z210 workstation motherboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking of getting 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz but it is a 2x8 gb ddr3. I checked HP memory specifications and it says it only supports 4gb modules. I am curious if I could use 8gb modules.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

this forum has a "search" feature that should be used before posting a question

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/Adding-two-8GB-RAM-to-HP-Z210-CMT-failed/td...

reading the post appears to confirm that 8gb modules will not work in a 210 (they do work in a 220)

it appears that the chipset/cpu memory controller is unable to work with high density memory chips

HP Recommended

Since I don’t have my z210 yer I ordered an 8gb module for my gigabyte motherboard while I wait for the z210 to come in. The 8gb module I ordered is described as low density running at 1333mhz. So since it is low density will it work for the z210?

HP Recommended

from what i've determined by reading the intel specs for this computer's chipset, no it will not as the chipset has other limitations besides the memory chip density

you have nothing to loose so try it and see

HP Recommended

I will and I will let you know if it works 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.