Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Thinpro
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm trying to send a HPDM rule task that will sync the system clock to an NTP server every day at a specific time. With the write filter off it works fine, but with it enabled the system reboots to commit the filter. I don't want it to reboot (I'm fine with the change being lost on the next reboot) but I don't see where to set that option. When sending a manual task, I can choose to send regardless of write filter status. Is there a way to do that for a rule task?

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HPDM has global parameter(default settings applied to both rule task and manual task) and task parameter(the one you saw when sending the task, applied to manual task only) to work together with tasks.

You can find global parameter through Tools -> Configuration -> Task Parameters

Please note: Once you have changed the global parameter, all the tasks (include the manual task) will by default use that configuration, unless you have specify one in each of the task editor dialog .

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HPDM has global parameter(default settings applied to both rule task and manual task) and task parameter(the one you saw when sending the task, applied to manual task only) to work together with tasks.

You can find global parameter through Tools -> Configuration -> Task Parameters

Please note: Once you have changed the global parameter, all the tasks (include the manual task) will by default use that configuration, unless you have specify one in each of the task editor dialog .

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.