Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
123FeelFree
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can not update bios on Workstation HP Z820

HP Recommended

Every time I try to update y bios (needed to install Thunbolt card) I have a error.  I try it by update via Windows, via dos and a USB stick, via the setup (F10) . Version today: J63 V01.02.

Error received: System ROM IMAGE is INVALD  (Version 3.90 - 3.91 and also for the last ver. 3.94)

I see the messages transfering Rom...100% but after verifying system ROM I have the message: Image is Invalid or a messgae (by update by windows: Unknown error.

Any suggestions or help?

Updates ae downloaded from HP website and done as in the instruction.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,618 4,600 427 962
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you need to update to bios v1.20 first  (sp61312.exe ) before updating to v3.94a (latest)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03993436

do not update from windows,  update from within the BIOS or from USB KEY using the files /rom image found in the DOS folder of the extracted SP

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation