Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t240 Thin Client
Other

We have a large installment of HP Thin Clients (t410, t520, t430) in our organization.   I have a rule setup in HPDM (on first contact) that sets the BIOS option to power on 'After Power Loss' with a deploy and script.    This has worked for many years.  However, we just started getting the t240 model recently and my method to set  this option no longer works.    Am I missing something?

My method:

I deploy a file ( /tmp/bios.txt ) with the following contents:
After Power Loss
Off
*On
Previous State

Then I call the app following after unlocking the file system :
# /usr/sbin/hptc-bios-cfg -S /tmp/bios.txt

As I said it has worked for many years now but we are starting to get in a lot of these new units and I might need to hold off recommending these units going forward.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just realized that I cannot manually set to auto power on after power loss from the F10 'Computer setup' screen.   Hoping there is a solution to this. 

HP Recommended

I opened a case with HP and, according to them, this option is not available with the public facing t240 model.   There is a version that can recover from power loss but it is not available to the public.    I asked to get the custom firmware to convert the ones we have but I was also told that they are not 'field upgradable'.   

If you are looking for digital signage use, I would keep with the t430s or at least verify this option exists before jumping in on a large purchase.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.