Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 G5 SFF
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I bought a Z2 G5 SFF that has 2 Quadro P1000 cards, but I am looking to upgrade to the Quadro RTX 3000 model available on the customize your build page. I imagine that it is not the MXM version of this card... Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

as you noticed, high spec gaming cards require a high wattage draw,

understand that your Small form Factor system was not designed with/for a high wattage heat generating card

with that in mind, if you want this type of card you will have to move over to a minitower/full sized case

what will work is the1650 (most do not use a gpu pwr connector) or the 3050, for gaming the 1650 is actually just as fast as a 3050

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

if hp does not list a 3000 series SFF card then you will have to look at 3rd party cards or a OEM card

i'm not sure they exist for the 3070/3080 but the 3060 might exist as a low profile 

HP Recommended

The only issue is that it has to be a card that doesnt require additional power connectors... It is hard to find anything with decent specs that would work.

HP Recommended

as you noticed, high spec gaming cards require a high wattage draw,

understand that your Small form Factor system was not designed with/for a high wattage heat generating card

with that in mind, if you want this type of card you will have to move over to a minitower/full sized case

what will work is the1650 (most do not use a gpu pwr connector) or the 3050, for gaming the 1650 is actually just as fast as a 3050

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.