cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Change Horizon Connection Server URL on all HP Thinclients

HP Recommended
T430 Thinpro
Other

We recently stood up a new Horizon Environment next to our old setup which required us to create a new connection URL. I know i can push this URL via HPDM but i need to change ONLY the server URL. 

So, is it possible to change just the connection server while leaving the Username and Password intact? I have tried a few different ways and it always clears out my username/password which is a problem as we have a lot of thinclients through various locations. Would be nice if we didn't have to touch each of the hundreds of clients manually.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
77 76 7 22
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you know where the URL is stored, like in a registry entry or file, then a File & Registry task might help.  You can refer to https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Windows/4.6/com.vmware.horizon.windows-client-4...

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All of our clients are HP Thinclients, mainly T430s. Some older models as well. I have tried to change it via their registry as well but each thinclient has a unique UUID string in the key above where the server URL is stored. If i could figure out how to wildcard that UUID maybe it would work.

Here is the string on the thinclients that holds the server URL.

<RegItem Key="root/ConnectionType/view/connections/<UUID>" ValueData="SERVER URL" Type="string" Action="add" Name="server" SN="" ErrorCode="0"/>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
77 76 7 22
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you are in the right direction.  However, I don't have an answer to the wildcard question.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation