Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z440 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have Z440 with below specs: Xeon E5-1620 V3, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200

I am experiencing lot of noise from rear and front chassis fan.

At Idle, its running @3400 rpm most of time while front chassis fan @2700 rpm. CPU fan is @1800 with CPU temperature around 42 degree C. Under heavy load, fan speed reaches to 3600 rpm & 3000 rpm for chassis rear & front fan. CPU fan reaches to 2000 rpm with temperature around 50 degree C. Ambient temperature is around 31 degree C.

BIOS is updated to the latest available version.

Check attached screen of HP Performance Advisor.

Z440_Sensors.PNG

Is this normal behavior or something is wrong. How I can diagnose, what's going wrong? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.