Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in the US, and my computer has never left the US since I bought it. When I try to get chat support for this product, which is well within the warranty period, I get "Chat support is not offered for the selected country. Please create a case or select another support option." (I have already created a case, which, for some reason, has not been acknowledged.) When I click the button for other support options, I get a dreaded "Page Not Found". Why is HP making it so hard to get support?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry you are having a hard time getting support. I have asked for someone to review this thread. Hopefully someone from HP will contact you here tomorrow.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@workerbee98

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, but I decided to reach out to HP via Twitter, yesterday afternoon, and I received the information that I needed. I don't understand why social media seems to be the only way to actually get support from companies, these days.

I do understand that HP does not want people calling in for support, as staffing phones can be expensive, but this system of only revealing support information after verifying a serial number is ridiculous. In my case, the website could not verify the serial number (which did turn out to be valid, by the way) and I was left with few options besides the forums and Twitter.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.