Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProLiant ML301e Gen8 v2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an old HP ProLiant ML301e Gen8 v2 Model 0 Server (P/N 717155-001) that was recently decommissioned.

I wish to convert it into a regular workstation running Windows 10 64-bit.

However, I am unable to find the correct storage and/or storage controller driver that would work and allow me to install Windows 10 64-bit.

Would appreciate any help on this, pointing me the right way to get the correct drivers.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HPE community support forum -- ML Servers section.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.WYMjDeRK29I

As for drivers, since there will be only windows server drivers on the support page, I would suggest you use the latest windows server x64 drivers available and see if they work, such as 2008 R2, etc.

You may have to manually install the drivers, so don't give up if the auto install doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try to install Windows 2008 server and then upgrade it to Windows 10. This should work without aditional drivers needed

HP Recommended

you can install a PCI-e SATA or SCSI controller that has a boot rom and simply boot from that controller if the instructions below fail to work

for systems with the factory controller

Some of the HP Gen8 and Gen9 systems are shipping with either a Smart Array B320i, B140i, B120i, B110i, or other Bxxxi controller

power on and F9, to enter  BIOS setup. Choose SATA options. (Default is Intelligent RAID array),

change  to AHCI SATA  (do not select the older SATA only option)

Reboot, and The Intelligent RAID initialization should now be replaced by HP SATA Initialization

you will have to search the web for a working win 10 driver if you need the onboard Raid enabled you should be able to manually "force' a win server driver under win 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.