Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8300 SFF (CORE I7 3770)

Hi guys for first thing >> Im gonna say sorry for my bad English !
i have a hp 8300 SFF with i7 3770 Processor and 4 GB ram...
i was thinking change the case and convert it to a bigger case
Because i wanna a powerful graphic card and powerful graphic cards needs more amount of watts
and this power supply is just 240W
i dont know what is my motherboard type or model  ? (is mini atx ? micro ?  what ???) , and i dont know is it going to fit and fix with new case ?
note : if my motherboard is going to fix with big case i will have a larger and stronger Power supply and then i can buy a new graphic card .

please help me my board is compatible with big cases ? can i replace the PSU ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the 8300 was available in SFF (235 watt) and a minitower 400 watt supply the supplies are not cross compatible size wise

the mini tower can fit either, but the SFF pwr supply wires are to short

the SFF uses a smaller sized supply so it will not take the larger minitower one

the exact same motherboard is used in both SFF and minitower

while there are minitower ATX  adapters, it's not going to work in your case unless you can find a Uniquely  sized atx supply that fits the SFF models and i currently don't know of any

also the motherboard is not a ATX standard layout

https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-CMT-PSU-Main-Power-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-Adapter-Cabl... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Moved to the HP workstation section so someone with experience with that machine can offer advice.

HP Recommended

the 8300 was available in SFF (235 watt) and a minitower 400 watt supply the supplies are not cross compatible size wise

the mini tower can fit either, but the SFF pwr supply wires are to short

the SFF uses a smaller sized supply so it will not take the larger minitower one

the exact same motherboard is used in both SFF and minitower

while there are minitower ATX  adapters, it's not going to work in your case unless you can find a Uniquely  sized atx supply that fits the SFF models and i currently don't know of any

also the motherboard is not a ATX standard layout

https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-CMT-PSU-Main-Power-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-Adapter-Cabl... 

HP Recommended

Tnx for helping😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.