Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 350 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After updating to Creator (version 1703, build 15063.138) I experience the following problems:

1) All USB ports do no longer work. In the device manager, it is possible to update the listed USB drivers and to (de-)activate as well as to uninstall the USB ports - but without result. My original idea was to reinstall the former USB drivers, but unfortunately I couldn't find them neither on the HP nor on the Intel website.

2) On the Desktop, the icons in the bottom row are moved (sometimes at irregular intervals) to arbitrary other places at the desktop after starting the laptop.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions how to solve these problemes.

Kind regards,
Frank

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is always the risk with forcing a new big update for Windows to. It may not be quite fleshed out for all systems.

You can uninstall devices in device manager and have the OS detect and install them again.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

As already written uninstalling doesn't solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Meanwhile I made a rollback to the prior version 1607 / build 16393. This solved the problem partially, i.e.

- the icons on the desktop don't move anymore unintentionally,

- and the USB 2.0 slot on the right side works again.

Nevertheless, the two USB 3.0 slots on the left side still don't work. I tried to install other USB drivers, but I always received error message like e.g. "this software doesn't work on this machine".

I have an i7-5500U processor, the hardware ID's for the "Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) USB xHCI Controller - 9CB1
" / "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller – 1.0 (Microsoft)" are:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_803B103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_803B103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C03

Any ideas? Thx!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.