Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13t-aw000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Thunderbolt 120W G2, driving two monitors using the display port interface. Everything works fine until I get a notification that my Windows 11 needs a software upgrade. Then the HP ZR30w monitor gives me the black screen when I put my mouse in the monitor. It then starts displaying when the mouse is  in another monitor. When I complete the upgrade the monitor starts working again. Got any ideas how I can prevent this behavior?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @BillC55,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with multiple monitors.  I'd like to help!

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My main monitor was the left monitor. I can enable three monitors by opening my laptop. I then made the middle monitor my main monitor, not the left. This then enabled me to load the firmware for my G2 dock since the left monitor is totally useless. I then restarted the computer and everything then functioned correctly, with the monitor working. 

Funny after I found this workaround, several updates these past two weeks did not create a problem with the left monitor. I'm note sure what the software update group is doing differently but thank them for me. Fingers crossed that they don't change the software release procedure with regards to the g2 dock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.