1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Custom UPN login on ThinPro 5 OS and Citrix Receiver

HP Recommended
HP T520
Other

Hi,

We are having a problem with the authentication on the Citrix Receivier on our T520 ThinPro clients.

The users are a part of the domain aaaaa.com but have different/"Custom UPNs" bbbbb.no, ccccc.fi etc.  This works just fine in FireFox on the same clients and on Windows OS, but on the Citrix Receiver client on the ThinPro OS this does not work. If I change the UPN to the same as the actual domainname it works just fine. I know by reading this article that there are som limitations on Linux regarding the Active Directory integration, but have anyone managed to solve this problem some how? It is a pretty big problem for us as we have a lot these clients.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2015/10/21/linux-virtual-desktop-logon-name-formats/

Spec:

ThinPro 5.2.0

Citrix Receiver 13.8

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
mclang
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello shagen,

There was a lot of work done toward better Active Directory support in ThinPro 6.2. It might be a good idea to install ThinPro 6.2 on a couple of your T520s and see if they behave better with your Active Directory setup. 

ThinPro 6.2 adds better domain authentication features and a single sign on feature. You might want to try out the domain authentication and single sign on features in thinpro 6.2 to see if they work in your environment. Once enabled, the thin client will require your users to log into the thinpro desktop with their domain credentials, then it'll store those credentials in encrypted storage and use when the user tries to connect to their citrix/rdp/vmware connections instead of asking for the password again. ThinPro tries to look up the user's "down-level logon name" (to use the same terminology as the citrix article you linked, it's the DOMAIN\username format), and then uses that to authenticate with remote servers like citrix, so maybe it will behave better than ThinPro 5.2 did.

ThinPro 6.2 is available from the ThinUpdate tool, which can be downloaded here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t520-flexible-thin-client/6875920

Click the dropdown menus to change "Operating System" and "Version" to "Linux" and "HP ThinPro". ThinUpdate can be found under the "Operating System-Enhancements and QFEs" section.

Here's a link to the ThinPro 6.2 Administrator's guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05671485

Active Directory integration is in Section 6 on page 39.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation