Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPZ840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Z840 with a 1250w PSU. The HP store is selling the workstation as suitable for a dual gpu configuration giving the example of a dual M6000. 

I've installed a GTX 1080ti on one PCie slot but i've only found three 6PIN PCI-e power cables. Most of graphic cards needs 8 pin nowadays so i had to buy an adapter.

Now that i want to install a second GPU (another GTX 1080ti) , there's only one 6PIN PCI-e left - given that they sell the workstation for a dual M6000 which requires 2x8 pin - HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Maybe there is a hidden psu cable somewhere? 🙂

This is very frustrating since i bought the Z840 with the 1250w PSU for the dual GPU configuration - should i use a molex to pcie adapter for my second card? i've heard those adapters should be avoided  so i really don't know how to configure the dual gpu.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.