1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Demistifying Model Numbers

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum Members,

I'm trying to get my head around the model numbers for a EliteDesk 800 G3 Tower.

A few examples:  1HK26EA, 1NE26EA, 1KL70AW (I know they are different configurations.

Is there a consistent way of demistifying these with regards to the processor, RAM installed, HDD/SSD, OS, onboard VGA or dedicated.

Is there a complete list to be found with all model numbers?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Wkr,

Alain

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,241 122,418 20,126 30,859
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Alain:

Sometimes entering the part number or serial number of the PC in the HP Partsurfer website will give some detailed information regarding the configuration, but most times no.

For example, here is the info that shows when you enter the first product number you posted.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=1HK26EA

The newest HP business desktop I have is from 2011 (8200 Elite CMT) and the configuration is coded on the label with the product number and serial number.

I don't know if HP still does that today.

The coding on my label shows:  PROMO8200ECi72600p1Thq4VAMD28k US    Limited Waranty 3yr/3yr/3yr

So trying to decypher that label based on what I know about the PC:

It was a promotional build 8200 Elite CMT with an i7-2600 processor, 1 TB hard drive, 4 GB memory, AMD graphics, and I have no idea what the 28k is, because it didn't come with a modem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation