Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z640 Z Turbo Drive
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does any one know a P/N for screw of Z Turbo Drive or any HP phone number I can call to order this, or anything on this little screw? It has a T9 torx head.

Thanks, KNelson454.Z Turbo Screw3.JPGZ Turbo Screw2.JPG

Z Turbo SSD Set ScrewZ Turbo SSD Set Screw

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Google is your friend doing a search through google for "m.2 mounting screw" will give you numerous venders/sites selling this item along with the screw size/thread size

HP Recommended

DGroves,

Thanks for the reply but this is unfortunately a Special captive screw inside a brass stand off. First thing I did was I bought a standoff kit for the m2.0 and the screw, which does measure 2.04mm, is to big for where this need to go.The threads on this measure 1.46mm so it is either a m1.4 or m1.6 thread. 

I have scoured google and only found two references to this screw, both in this forum, that why I'm here but still no joy in finding this little part. Thanks, knelson454.

HP Recommended

i know exactly what it is as i have over a dozen of these in the z workstations i service

there is nothing special about mounting the m.2 ssd to the card

ANY m.2 mounting hardware kit will work on the HP card 

HP Recommended

Not any, I bought this kit and the standoffs Do Not fit in the PCB board of the Z- Turbo drive.

See HERE 

If you know of a kit that will fit maybe you could send me a link. Thanks!.

HP Recommended

if you buy a m.2 kit, you usually have to replace the standoff on the HP board with the one in the kit (so the screw matches) i'm going to guess you are not doing this

look at the turbo z board, note the other holes in the board where the mounting spacer can go, that's your clue that the existing mounting spacer post is removable!!!

HP Recommended

I appreciate you trying to help, but the issue is Im still trying to find the same kind of screw for the Z-turbo drive PCB, My PCB P/N is 742006-003.

The stand off m2 kit I bought doesn't fit in the same threads as the original screw. I took some pics of the m2 stand off wihich measures 1.94mm.

I also measured the HP stand off screw which measures 1.57mm (m1.6). Short of drilling and taping the hole to an m2, the stand off from the kit isn't going to fit. That is why I would like to find the correct screw, but I may tap it anyway just to get this done. KNelson454.Standoff threads larger the then holeStandoff threads larger the then holeM2 StandoffM2 StandoffM2 standoff measures 1.94mmM2 standoff measures 1.94mmHP Original standoff in brassHP Original standoff in brassHP Standoff measures 1.57mmHP Standoff measures 1.57mmHP Standoff clearly smaller thread.HP Standoff clearly smaller thread.M2 standoff is bigger.M2 standoff is bigger.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.