Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chromebox G2
Chrome OS

I'm looking to adopt the new Chromebox G2 as a standard workstation at my company. However, I require support for 3-4 monitors at least on my workstations. Do Chrome OS and the G2 support high monitor counts? I don't need powerful workstations when most of my heavy workloads run in the cloud. I just need to drive monitors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the chromebox G2 is a HP "Desktop" product not a workstation/Business system

you should post your question in the Desktop forum, as they are the forum for this products support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the chromebox G2 is a HP "Desktop" product not a workstation/Business system

you should post your question in the Desktop forum, as they are the forum for this products support

HP Recommended
It may require a docking station, hub or port extender but through the usb type c connection and DisplayPort protocol which can send multiple video signals over/through the usc type c connection.

HP sells such devices (HP Elite Docking Station) as do companys like Plugable. Ultimately, the number of monitors and the resolution will depend on the device specs, the monitors, what's supported by Chrome OS and your work.

You should have support for two or three 4k monitors, maybe more. The published G2 specs include 1 hdmi connection which will drive one monitor. Then two or three more through the usc type C via DisplayPort protocol and a docking station.

Most docking stations use some combination of DisplayPort and hdmi ports.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.