Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

We just got 10 new Hp prodesk 400 G4 for the office and started the installation of our customized windows 7 x86 image. I did a basic research on product compatibility and apparently it was good for windows 7 x86 (at least the product page show drivers for that operational - https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-400-g4-small-form-factor-pc/15292380/mod...)

Network and audio drivers installed fine but now I'm stuck on VGA. Hardware id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5912 which leads to Intel HD 630 family.  The driver availabe on Hp product page, even though it is showing the x86 compatibility does not work. Intel HP site, on the other hand, doesn't even have a x86 version.

Any suggestion or am I really stuck? 

Produt number is: 1GG05UT

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are stuck for two reasons...

1. Intel only developed W10 drivers for platforms with the Kaby Lake chipsets.

2. Intel didn't develop any 32 bit graphics drivers at all for platforms with the Kaby Lake chipsets.

OS support

7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, Intel® Xeon® Mobile Processors and related Intel® Pentium® Processors/Intel® Celeron® Processors:

• Microsoft Windows® 10, 64-bit only

Your only option would be to purchase 10 cheap supported low profile graphics cards and use those.

Get one first, test it out, and if it works, get 9 more.

Maybe the Nvidia GT 710's LP would be a good fit.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_undefined?keywords=nvidia+gt+710&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anvidia+gt+710&q...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are stuck for two reasons...

1. Intel only developed W10 drivers for platforms with the Kaby Lake chipsets.

2. Intel didn't develop any 32 bit graphics drivers at all for platforms with the Kaby Lake chipsets.

OS support

7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, Intel® Xeon® Mobile Processors and related Intel® Pentium® Processors/Intel® Celeron® Processors:

• Microsoft Windows® 10, 64-bit only

Your only option would be to purchase 10 cheap supported low profile graphics cards and use those.

Get one first, test it out, and if it works, get 9 more.

Maybe the Nvidia GT 710's LP would be a good fit.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_undefined?keywords=nvidia+gt+710&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anvidia+gt+710&q...

HP Recommended

Hi there, Paul. Thanks for the reply.

I just don't follow why the product page itself shows drivers for an operational system it does not support. What am I missing?

I guess I won't have problems then if I go for the i5 6th generation family, is that right?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You are correct. 

There are some G4's that come with the 6th gen core processors and Skylake chipsets, and have support for W7 32 bit.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will contact my vendor to check about replacing the units for another model that carry the 6th generation. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.