Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other hardware (such as Realtek Audio) have also some extension drivers, but here they are at least replaced instead of accumulated.

Apart from the fact that driver updates that are so frequent cause me some discomfort (in the long run problems have to arise) is this accumulation of Extension Infs very ugly.

Generally, these extension drivers are somewhat unclear.
For example, I have the experience that they are sometimes not updated outside of windows update (i.e. automatically or via the device manager) until the "main driver" is removed and reinstalled.
If, on the other hand, I only update the "main driver", the old Extension Infs are simply adopted ... a nice mess.
Especially if you should have deactivated driver updates via WU - via WU they will be updated properly or accumulated... like in the case of Intel.

Here is a list of the updates of the last 5 months - 3 extensions have now become 6!

Can please someone explain the thing with this Extension Infs to me?
And why are these piling up with the Intel UHD drivers?

Thanks and greetings,
Martin

wu-updates.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.