Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
LJ452AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello !

I'm a new user of out of warranty HP Workstation Z820 (the workstation is around 4 years old, with new SSD 500GB disc,new  2× 2 TB WD Caviar black HDD disc connected in RAID1, and one 1TB disc for other purposes, 64 GB DDR3 Ram,Nvidi Quatro K5000. I buy the workstation at some local shop which buys out of warranty hp workstations and sells them further. 

I have a problem with driver for Intel management Engine Interface and PCI Serial port, but the shop IT servicer also  delete some additional drivers ( I saw it because of online support, but I didn't remember which one driver has been deleted)  because he didn't find appropriate drivers, I already delete and install all the drivers for intel managemant interface that I found on HP driver support page, but no success.

I'm the student and I would like to run student version of ANSYS Mechanical, Fluent, CFX, and some CAD software as well, any recomendations in that direction also very appreciate.

I also search this forum for above mentioned problems, I found some tips and also apply them but no progress for me.

Best Regards; Uroš Roštan

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may have to manually install the drivers when the auto install doesn't work.

I can't get to the HP support site right now for some reason, but if you still have the Intel management engine interface driver file, and ran it, go to the device manager and click on the PCI  Serial Port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp#####, where ##### is the file number of the driver.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing for the PCI simple communications controller (Intel Management Engine Interface device).

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, but it didn't change anything.

I did manual installation of Intel Management Engine Software v11.0 ( this is sp74499 file designation) for manual installation of Intel(R) Management Engine Interface. The software reply: This driver is already upto date.

I didn't found any driver for PCI Serial Port problem.

One additional info.: Intel Active Management Technology says that it is disabled, but I don't know where to turn it on, maybe  this is somehow  linked to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Uroš Roštan

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID's for the devices that need the drivers.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

PCI Serial port Hardware ID:

PCI Serial port.jpg

Intel Management Engine Interface:Intel Management Engine Interface.jpg

Here are the hardware ID's for the devices.

Thanks.

Best regards; Uroš Roštan

HP Recommended

Hi:

When I explore the sp74499 driver file, I am at a loss to explain why the drivers don't install.

As you can see from these partial copy and paste's of the driver setup information files, they do contain driver support for both of the hardware ID's you posted...

Serial port:

[Intel.NTamd64]
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D&CC_0700"

IMEI:

[Intel.ntamd64.6.2]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_W8_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13A

Try force installing the driver by going directly to the setup information files where these specific drivers are located.

I will walk you through the PCI serial port, then do the same thing for the IMEI...

Go to the device manager, and click on the PCI serial port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, but this time, at the bottom of the window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp74499>mesrl (setup information file), select the Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL device, and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

The problem for Serial port has been solved after restart of workstation (with file sp74499 ), but it should solve Intel Management Engine Interface problem ? Where I could download file for PIC Serial Port ?

This action also create new problem: Intel Active Management Technology-SOL (COM 3) driver has a yellow triangle now, but this driver has been deleted by our local IT tehnician, he said that I don't need it or he was just too lazy to solve the problem?

Thanks for now.

Intel Active Management Technology-SOL (COM 3):

intel active management technology com 3.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I wrote previously, sp74499 should have installed both devices without any errors.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you any further with this problem.

HP Recommended

Many thanks too you, although we didn't solve the problem.

If I correctly understand the problem: There isn't enough adequate support for Windows 10 in relation to drivers, especially for the drivers that are digitally signed ?

Our local dealer has said that I shouldn't had a problem with Win 10,but reality bites.

Would I have any of this problem if they installl windows 7 ?

Would there be any chance that you Remotly connect to my workstation an see maybe some other thing to solve first and then try again, the above mentioned steps ?

Do you think that I should contact HP support, for this problem ? Do you know how much money per hour of maintenance they take? The workstation is out of warranty.

I go to sleep now, so I won't reply couple of hours.

Merry christmas.

Big thanks for support.

Best regards; Uroš Roštan

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I don't work for, or represent HP, I don't know how much they will charge you.

Yes, that PC would run W7 just fine, but I think you should try to get W10 to work.

You may want to clean install W10 and see if you can get that driver to install.  It should have worked with no problem.

Also, I recommend you set the BIOS to its defaults and see if that makes a difference.

I once made a mistake and disabled the AMT in my PC's BIOS and those ! marks showed up on my Intel Management Engine Interface even with the driver correctly installed.

I set the BIOS to its defaults and that fixed it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.