Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ELITE SLICE I7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

JUST GOT MY ELITE SLICE, PRESSING THE ON/OFF SWITCH WON'T TURN IT ON. LONG PRESS BRINGS THE LIGHT ON, BUT WHEN I LET GO, THE LIGHT GOES OFF

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

what are the specs/model number of this slice? do you have any addon slice modules or just the base unit

is anything attached to the unit ?

Only the bottom usb port will enable the wake from keyboard.

Also if you've already set the keyboard to wake in the bios before you plug the keyboard into this port you may have to re-set the option in the bios.

Be sure to save before you exit.

Alternatively you can also power on with the mouse button if you plug this into the same port instead of the keyboard.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
HP ELITE SLICE ISSUE

I HAVE AN HP ELITE SLICE WITH I7 INTEL. I'M TRYING TO CONNECT THE SLICE TO AN AIO DESKTOP PC (LENOVO IDEA CENTRE AIO 700) MY LENOVO DESKTOP HAS A DISPLAY SWITCH BUTTON ON THE SIDE, HOWEVER NOTHING HAPPENS, ONLY A 10 SECOND TIMER SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN , THEN IT GOES BLACK. I'M WEONDERING IF MY SLICE GETS TURNED ON WHEN I PRESS THE "ON" SWITCH, BECAUSE THE ON LIGHT APPEARS BRIEFLY THEN IT GOES DARK.  ANY SUGGESTIONS? OR IS MY TRYING CONNECTING MY SLICE TO MY EXISTING AIO DESKTOP MONITOR A BAD IDEA? I'M TRYING TO AVOID BUYING A NEW DISPLAY MONITOR, MAYBE I 'LL HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET AND BUY A NEW ONE? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

HP Recommended

I have an HDMI cable connected to my HDMI display and Elite Splice ports, as well as bluetooth dopngle for wireless mouse and keyboard. Also power cord and ethernet cable.

HP Recommended

very few AIO systems have a  working video in for usage as a monitor, i suspect your lenovo is the problem and that you will need to buy a dedicated monitor

HP Recommended

Nothing happens on my monitor when I press the Elite Slice power button. Itried powering from the Elite power button as well as mouse and keyboard, nothing happens. 

Is the Elite Slice power light supposed to stay lit or does it turn one when the power button is pressed, then go off?

HP Recommended

the lenovo AIO, does it have 2 hdmi connectors? if so try the other one

iare you powering up the lenovo first?  then the slice, and then trying the button on the side to switch to external hdmi 

HP Recommended

OK whoever I communicated with on that same subject on 5/50/18. I bought a brand new Samsung display monitor, connected my HP Elite Slice I7 to the power cable, connected an HDMI Cable to the monito and my HP Slice. When I push the power button on, no response, no light goes on. Is my HP Elite Slice dead on arrival? Please answer this question asap. I asked on several occasioins yesterday wheter the power buton light is supposed to stay on when pressed, never got a straight answer.

Please let me know ASAP, as I'm now debating whether I should return my HP Slice since it doesn't appear to be workin.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I only have the base module, no add-ons. I just purchased a brand new Samsung Monitor,  connected my Elite HP Slice to it via HDMI cable, connected my HP Elite Slice to AC power source, no power light comes on when I press the power button. Is this unit defective? Please respond, especially concerning the power button, as it appears to be unresponsive. - Very annoying.

HP Recommended

all posts and replys have the posters name, so i don't understand why you are unable to provide a name

also the date of 5/50/18 is obviously a typo did you mean 5-30-18

did you install the ram/ pu or was it factory configured? i ask because not all intel cpu's have the onboard graphics enabled

you might want to read the hp service manual for this device,  making sure to read pages 94-95

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05238178

HP quick specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05243765

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.