Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Elite 8300 sff leaves display @ certain interval while power is on..and then psu fan starts  loud spinning noise.Initially we tried smps swapping..but the issue reappeared after 2 days of normal functioning.Eventually changing the MB fixed the problem..But I am not sure if MB change was the ultimate  fix.Any guess?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

please tell us just how we can make a educated guess based on the information you gave

i don't think that i (or anyone eles) can

bottom line, new motherboard resolved the problem,.........case closed

HP Recommended
Well..Thanks for prompt response..I think scientific view has no boundary.. MB changed..case closed..right..but if the same symptoms occurred in 2 identical models at a short gap..should force us to find the root cause..could be achieved with bios reset/firmware update..I mean @card level..if anyone couldn't do it..no question.. but luckily I am not amongst them..any other clues r still welcome..
HP Recommended

Recently I encountered with a similar  issue. The issue is slightly different than the one I discussed earlier.Here Elte 8300 sff was not booting at all and just a loud noise by psu fan.But luckily cleaning the RAM edge connectors worked.

HP Recommended

Hi friends,

Sachin here..

met with a same issue again..but it's elitedesk 800g1 now..symptoms r same..

HP Recommended

Friends,Hope you are happy..

Just make sure twice before any upgrade..specially if it's bios update..as it may lead to a totally blank/black screen..plesea seek for the advice of experts or an experienced technician.One of my colleague at workplace ran into trouble after running bios update on a HP Probook.If you have remedy other than changing the board..please get back..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.