Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP eliteDesk 705 G4 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to update the Bios on this new pc and it will not work.

I downloaded sp92136

When I launch the updater it says

This firmware update is not compatable with this device

it gives me the option to create a USB flash drive and I do that and try to update manually from the BIOS screen by pressing ESC on boot and then selecting update system bios, but nothing ever happes, it just reboots again.

Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

no, the hp bios updater can only check that it's being run on hardware that matches a stored value in the update program

if the value matches, then proceed with update. No match? then abort and print msg wrong firmware for system

go back to the HP site for your model computer and check, you will most likely see 2 diffrent bios update files, with one of them being for your Ryzen model board and the other for the A-10 model board

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

these systems use the AMD APU processor that is soldered onto the motherboard, and depending on the APU used the motherboards are diffrent, you need to download the bios that matches your specific motherboard, look at the link below

do you have the A-10 9700 or the  Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2400G  motherboard?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=21351257#!tab=models

HP Recommended

I have the Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2400G

Shouldn't the HP software know what model cpu I have?

I do not see a way to search for bios based on the CPU

HP Recommended

no, the hp bios updater can only check that it's being run on hardware that matches a stored value in the update program

if the value matches, then proceed with update. No match? then abort and print msg wrong firmware for system

go back to the HP site for your model computer and check, you will most likely see 2 diffrent bios update files, with one of them being for your Ryzen model board and the other for the A-10 model board

HP Recommended

You were right 3 bios for one pc type Q5, Q6 and Q9

No where does it ever tell you which one you need, the HP support software would only download q9 version, but after digging around in the settings I saw this PC with the Ryzen 5 had  a Q6 bios, downloaded that one and it worked. The hp support website never makes any disctinction between the firmware types

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-705-g4-microtower-pc/21351257/model/21...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.