Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elite Desk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I was certain the 800 G1 SFF would get a BIOS update for Microcode Updates for MDS processor bugs yet the officially listed version for this model is a version 2.71 from 2017 whereas if you search for security bulletins on this model you can locate a 2.77 for this model from this year? (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06330149)

Is there a reason as to why HP doesn't list 2.77 as the latest version for this model in the downloads section?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your are correct, and HP has not done a great job on this.  I think it is just too detailed and numerous to get them all right by the team trying to keep all the drivers straight.  I posted here some multiple weeks back on the opposite..... the listings in the advisory were not updated but you could find the right BIOS updater by going to the workstaton's drivers site.  Now this.

So, you will not find that updated 2.77 BIOS through the HP drivers page for your workstation, but you are so close.... Why did you not click on the link in the advisory you posted?  The link there is correct and works.  I've posted here many times on the safest way to update BIOS.... to do it from within BIOS.  Attached is a pic of the navigation to the .bin file you need to have on a thumb drive to update from within BIOS.  As you can see it is 2.77.  Here you go....... straight from SoftPaq from the advisory you linked to:

2.77 is there.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your are correct, and HP has not done a great job on this.  I think it is just too detailed and numerous to get them all right by the team trying to keep all the drivers straight.  I posted here some multiple weeks back on the opposite..... the listings in the advisory were not updated but you could find the right BIOS updater by going to the workstaton's drivers site.  Now this.

So, you will not find that updated 2.77 BIOS through the HP drivers page for your workstation, but you are so close.... Why did you not click on the link in the advisory you posted?  The link there is correct and works.  I've posted here many times on the safest way to update BIOS.... to do it from within BIOS.  Attached is a pic of the navigation to the .bin file you need to have on a thumb drive to update from within BIOS.  As you can see it is 2.77.  Here you go....... straight from SoftPaq from the advisory you linked to:

2.77 is there.jpg

HP Recommended

> Why did you not click on the link in the advisory you posted?

I did and it gets me a update binary. That's not my issue, I've asked if there as a possibly a reason why HP has not put it on the regular download page for this model.

I though maybe HP has found issues with 2.77 for that model and has therefore retracted it from the regular download page in. But you confirm that my impression that there are likely some issues on HPs side on getting BIOS updates listed in security bulletins other channels such as downloads section or SSM.

I've done several updates on HP machines so installing a BIOS update is the smallest step. Actually obtaining the actual latest one seems needlessly messed up for some machines at that point. For comparison: I can get the latest 8300 SFF update without a fuss  (Alas: HP isn't alone in making updates available easily, it's an industry standard to some degree) 😉

Thanks for your input.

HP Recommended

Agree.... I'd not hesitate to use that latest version 2.77.  Hopefully a moderator will read this thread and get the poor guy in charge of keeping things all straight to fix that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.