Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-24-2020 09:39 PM
Product: EliteDesk 800 G2 mini
Operating System: Linux
The manual says this error is
3.4 The system board displays a power failure (crowbar).*
I am not sure what the solution is. Someone else posted the same question, the expert pointed has pointed to the manual but no solution is proposed
- is my computer dead? should I buy a new computer?
Hope someone can give a solution on how to fix this error
1 REPLY 1
07-25-2020 04:05 AM
this error "crowbar" means that you have a short on the power supply line(s)
this short could be due to a bad motherboard or a bad power supply
1. If equipped with a voltage selector, check that the voltage
selector, located on the rear of the power supply (some
models), is set to the appropriate voltage. Proper voltage
setting depends on your region.
2. Open the access panel and ensure the power supply cable is
seated into the connector on the system board.
3. Check if a device is causing the problem by removing ALL
attached devices (such as hard drives or optical drives and
expansion cards). Power on the system. If the system enters
POST, then power oƫ and replace one device at a time and
repeat this procedure until failure occurs. Replace the device
that is causing the failure. Continue adding devices one at a
time to ensure all devices are functioning properly.
4. Replace the power supply. (amazon or try Ebay for a used supply
5. Replace the system board. (examples, search for best price) i found one on ebay for 30.00 used
or buy a newer G3 model on ebay, (aprox 100.00) this is what i personally would do and perhaps use your old drive from the G2 in the G3
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community