3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

EliteOne 800 G1 23" AIO

HP Recommended
Elite One 800 G1 23" AIO
Other

Hello,

I have several EliteOne 800 G1 AIO's that display an ME Firmware update error at boot up. I have located two firmware updates from the support page and have them on a bootable flash drive. However, when I get the to boot options screen and select my drive, it just presents the above error and does not boot to the drive. It also prevents me from PXE booting so I can not put the files on my network either. I work for a refirbishment company so these units come in without an OS from the field.

How do I get these firmware updates applied to stop this error?

3 REPLIES 3
DGroves
Level 11
4,510 4,493 412 946
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you don't mention the specific model  of the eliteone 800 G1, is it a touch screen model? 

nor do you mention which SP files you downloaded so i can't confirm if they are the right ones

the correct service pack is  SP82529

to do the update from DOS, (assuming you have the correct SP) unzip/extract the SP on another system, and copy the extracted files onto the bootable usb key and then READ THE INCLUDED README FILE!! it will contain critical information on updating the system

use the link below to DL the SP

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05843704

0 Kudos
mmanall
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is the SP I have.  There does not appear to be a readme file once extracted.

The file itself is also not the issue.

The issue is that the ME FW error prevents me from booting to my bootable drive....I can get to the boot options (F9) and select the flash drive. After that the screen goes to the ME FW error and then either displays a blank screen, or a frozen HP splash screen with a distorted image. I have other units without this error that boot to the drive fine.

It is a touch model EliteOne 800 G1 23". Specifically N1D18US#ABA

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,510 4,493 412 946
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it appears that the sp listed on the link i gave you previously is only for updating from within windows

here's a link for a DOS updater:

SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP80282.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80282.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/

again, read the HTML doc file!!!!!!

have you tried a CMOS reset? 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/715780/Hp-Eliteone-800-G1.html?page=203

if the cmos reset allows entry, you should be able tnow perform a me update via the dos/usb key

have you tried a BIOS recovery using a usb key (2GB or smaller) and the latest bios file?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation