Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteOne 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an EliteOne 800 G3 All-in-One with a 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM, but an extra 8GB RAM and an additional standard hard drive would be very useful additions.

I'm not that clever with my hands and have a working knowledge only of PCs, but how simple would it be to fit the additional drive and memory for a relative novice.  

I've removed and replaced a memory card in a tower PC once, but that's about the limit of what I've done so far!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Doczt

The following manual shows you how

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05460771.pdf

From page 22 for HDD and from page 28 for RAM

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.  The memory looks pretty straightforward if I manage to get the right one, but will there be a spare bay for the hard drive or will that currently be occupied by the 512GB SSD?

HP Recommended

@Doczt

The series has many options, one option is RAID therefore it must have a least 2 bays.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Following the manual i easily removed the hdd drive caddy but is impossible install new hard disk becuse there are no mountig screws. There is need of particular 2.5 hdd grommet screws the perfectly feet into the caddy.

I asked to mu supplier (HP gold partner)  and initially he give me same screws with correct threading but diameter of grommet too big and finally he answered to me that the screws are unoptainable.

The number stamped on the caddy is: 13P1-5KN0G01-00 REV.A.

Serial and  P/N follows:
CZC7487KHK
1ND59ET#ABZ
HP EliteOne 800 G3 23.8-in Touch AiO

Sameone can help me??

Thanks in advance

1.jpg2.png3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

HP Recommended

hp usually includes the screws on some business models by having the screws needed  allready threaded into the case

look for 4 screws that are simply threaded into the case doing nothing

HP Recommended

Unfortunately is not my case.

I fouded a discussion dealing with same issue for eliteone 800 G2:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-EliteOne-800-G2...

It seems that crew are really unobtainable.

I think than with a imac whith similar hardware in addition to cost less would not have this kind og problem.....sigh

HP Recommended

no you would not have this issue with a iMAC, because very little is user upgradable/replaceable on it, in other words what you buy is what you run  forever, if that suits you go for it

i looked at the pictures provided in the link you provided and i can offer a 3rd method for installing a ssd in the carrier

get the correct threaded screws for your drive, and if two long cut them down to the correct lenght then wrap the threads with electrical tape till they are the correct size to fit in the slot without much movement

if you are using a normal HD i suspect all nessary parts can be found in a well stocked hardware store

screws/washers,rubber washer,round tubing to place over screw threads

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

months have passed but I could not find the screws.

HP phone support sends me to the seller (hp partner) and the seller is too busy to solve my "little" problem....

My hi expensive Eliteone 800 G3 pc is destined to remain without a hard drive.....

After this very stupid and annoying problem I am forced to reconsider my evaluation on hp quality very negatively.

HP Recommended

while HP should make the screws easer to get we have used velcro tape for mounting ssd's or using parts from our local hardware store to make our own mounting screws and the cost is most likely cheaper than buying the part from HP.

so if you really want that drive installed in your HP you now have two ways to do so

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.