Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp z620 workstations
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,first time here,any help about 

Error 513 front fan not dedected,

I seen all about this problem but i think all depends case.

My pc an hp Z620 workstations it was ok but only i change the gpu by removing quadro k2000 2gb and replace with radeon rx560 4gb pulse,and  a few days later the fan stop work.Now i replace the gpu quadro and new fan because the fan doesn't work anymore even with USB cable test. So the new fan is connected to the motherboard but still show the error.

But not working there. Only the jumper stop the error and i am using sata adapter 4pins power to let new fan running standard speed control .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Tonin70,

Please try searching for "Front fan not working" or "Error 513" in this forum. This issue has been discussed a few times before and could have several possible causes based on the comments, e.g. GPU, BIOS, etc.

Try starting with this search.

If after attempting the various solutions listed and you are unable to resolve this issue then please post back on the forum with details of what you have tried. Likewise, if you find a working solution listed in forum then please update this thread with your results.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Tonin70,

Please try searching for "Front fan not working" or "Error 513" in this forum. This issue has been discussed a few times before and could have several possible causes based on the comments, e.g. GPU, BIOS, etc.

Try starting with this search.

If after attempting the various solutions listed and you are unable to resolve this issue then please post back on the forum with details of what you have tried. Likewise, if you find a working solution listed in forum then please update this thread with your results.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Hi thanks and sorry for asking too much,but i have changed the mainboard because no power on pins,and battery cmos was damaged,and couples ram clip broken so i got new motherboard i updated bios all work faster and good without any issues.

I test at workshop the mainboard and was no power on those 4 pin front fan at all.

Thanks for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.