Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 705 G4 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work for a business that has recently upgraded computers to windows 10. We choose the Elite-desk for compact and not needing a lot of computer power to run the applications that we need.  We have roughly 30 of the Intel version of these with no problems or issues at all. When we had to buy more we saw that the AMD version was on sale so we decided to purchase those. Now there is about 30 of those in our network. The AMD version we get just sudden ethernet connection disconnects just randomly. I have tried all suggestions I could find online. (Turn off green internet, change duplix among others including latest drivers from Realtek). It only happens on the amd version, all computers in network are running 1909 windows update and everything is current. Also some of the AMD shows signs of maybe video card crashes here and there. The screen will just go black and will have to power cycle computer to get it back on. It is happening on every single AMD machine, not just 1 or 2.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

as you have discovered mixing different hardware can be a major pain as you now have to support/maintain/troubleshoot different hardware configurations

without checking your network hardware, and running software to analyze your network traffic it's very much a hit or miss approach to trying to resolve the issues and this can get very time intensive which costs $$$$$$$ also if you have a layer 3 switch check it's logs and try enabling/disabling jumbo packets or port speed

i recommend you look at some of the network analyzer packages to see if you have the skillset to make use of them as they can tell you a lot about what's going on in your network

if monitoring your network is not something you want to do, then i would simply disable the amd systems onboard nics and install intel nics that use the same chipset as the intel desktops and if a exact chipset match can not be made select one with specs that meets your needs such as the Intel EXPI9301CTBLK (PCI-E) or Intel 82541PI (PCI)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.