Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 G4 MiniTower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm buying a number of these workstations, P/N: 8JF79UT#ABA... On a couple of them, I'm adding some larger graphics cards. The error started flashing up on startup, 'Front Chassis Fan Not Detected'. It's not 'needed', but I bought a couple of HP fan kits, P/N: 4KY82AA... This is supposed to be the kit for the HP Z2 G4 tower (since there is no 'full' tower of the Z2), but I'm having trouble figuring out how it fits into the front of the case. Even more confusing, there is no CPU fan header on the motherboard anywhere within reach of the power cable coming from the fan. There's a 'Chassis Fan 2' header in the middle of the board, but again, it's only 3-pin as opposed to 4-pin, which is coming off the fan.

HP Support website is just sitting there an spinning, but all the instructions I've found so far are 'generic'. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do, or am doing wrong?

<Edit> I found the fan header halfway up the 'bottom' of the board, still well out of reach of the fan cord. Before I start cutting the fan housing (to let it fit properly) and trying to find/fab an extension cable, is there a better HP part number I should be ordering?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.