Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fan noise.

The power supply fan in my Z240 workstation does not slow down any more.   It used to power on at high speed, then rapidly slow down to almost no noise.    Now it powers on at high speed and does not slow down.    Everything else seems to be working OK including the video card.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

i suspect your ambient thermal sensor or the circuit itself on the motherboard has failed

the sensor is usually part of the power cable that turns on the system (replace it) but can also be in the power supply in some low end or SFF systems

i think that the HP performance advisor application should check the sensors get it from the z240 driver page

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.