Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi DGroves

Pressing F1 for System Info I get a system board ID  8434

ihutch101101_0-1675671827205.png

And above, it shows a BIOS version that HP has not officially released for this BIOS ROM chipset Family or did release and then withdraw very quickly.

Regards

Iain

HP Recommended

Hi RadAway

It is so nice to hear that someone else has a problem so it feels like it is not just me going a bit crazy.

So far, I cannot Re-flash the BIOS with any earlier version I have tried.

Either a "phone call to HP"  ( actually using WhatsApp Chat and got an HP Case number now ) , but hopefully not a chargeable repair as if I had the tools ( files ), I can change the BIOS version myself unless it cannot be rolled back, which in that case it is a System Board replacement which I am capable of doing myself.  

Regards

Iain

HP Recommended

Hi to all.I have the same problem on my 10 computers hp 285 g3 microtower with 8434 id.

. Exactly  the users describe with F.57 bios version..

HP Recommended

Hi, we have the same issue, 16 PC HP Pavilion 595-p0013nc, Firmware where installed throught windows update, on official web last firmware version available F.41 Rev.A

All PC freez from some time, when try reinstall OS - new OS dont load, freez

Tryed diffrent ways to roll back firmware, but nothing worked

Call to HP support - guys said that will send manual how to roll back firmware - but nothing were send after 6 hours, if i will succed - will post it here.

HP Recommended

Hi All

I have worked out how to set up this "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 4-IN-1 USB KEY"  with a BIOS for my HP 286 G3 MT.
When trying to use it and boot using F2, I do not see a Firmware Management option when I have booted Diagnostic tools from the above USB key "utilities".

I have not tried a Windows+B boot option using the USB key above, as it tends to beep, and I need to do it out of hours in the office. 

Setting up the key was rather easy,   ( Download from here  )

1. Download sp142721.exe and run it with a USB stick connected to make the Key.
  2. Then download the four additional "Additional Softpaqs for BIOS recovery support on 2021 (and previous) products" below the above download button.  Run these downloads and let them extract the Zip files to " <drive letter>:\SWSetup\SPxxxxxx\<Name of Zip> 
  3. On the USB Key, look at BIOSCopy.csv contents for your platform model number. 
  4. Then look in each of the Zip files for your platform model number 8434 Hp 285 G3 MT is in the file "SP105879.exe" / "BIOS binary - 2019.zip".  Rename the zip, "e.g. BIOS binary - 2019.zip to BIOS.zip," and then copy it to the root of the USB Key
  5. Now run BIOSCopy.exe and put in the platform model number and name,  you might have more than one option to select the one for you.  More guidance on this is in the User Guide ( Word document) at the root of the Key.
  6. Now the USB Key is ready to go for a BIOS recovery attempt for your platform.

I will report back if I have any success with the above as soon as I get an opportunity to try a BIOS recovery with Windows Key+B  and the USB Key connected to the PC.

Regards

Iain

HP Recommended

I have this very issue with my HP Pavilion 590.  I got the BIOS rev F.57 through windows update, and have been trying everything I can think of to revert back to rev F.55.  And when I say I've tried everything, I've done all the steps covered in this thread along with several others that I've found with people having this issue -- Win+B method with USB keys that have several different BIOS revs for my 8433 family motherboard,  making the 4-in-1 USB key with no luck there either.  I've even gone as far as opening my case to disconnect the internal HDD and SSD in an attempt to force the current setup to look for the old BIOS rev on an old HDD that had the rev F.41 in the hidden partition.  Every avenue I've gone down results in the signature errors, no matter if I renamed the .SIG file to .S12 or have both a .SIG file and a renamed .S12 file in with the BIOS binary image in the same folder.  I saw the logs in my USB key that rather than it trying to open a .SIG file, it was looking for a .S12 file, hence why i even tried renaming the .SIG file.

At this point, I'm stumped and losing hope.  Does anyone have any fresh ideas?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my HP pavilion 690-0067c, 8433 id.

Bios bumped to f.57 with a windows update a couple of weeks ago. Eagerly awaiting a solution someone has found to work. Seems like HP let a dirty release skip the QC line and escape the asylum. It'd be nice to have some acknowledgement of the slip up and what we should expect with regard to a solution. I'm fortunate that I did not go straight to clean install for a solve before finding these threads. 

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c

Per System Info via BIOS

Manufacturer: HP

Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx

System ID: 8433

Product ID: 3LA37AA#ABA

Processor Type: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor

Current Processor Speed: 3000 MHZ

Memory Size: 16384 MB RAM

BIOS Date: 11/10/2022

BIOS Revision: F.57

ROM Family SSID: 8433 (same as system ID above)

HP Recommended

Hi all 

Firstly I would like to thank everyone else who has posted that they have the same problem with "HP inc. Firmware xx.xx.xx "  through Windows Optional Updates so HP can see the issue and impact severity and take more immediate action to help the affected users and prevent more users from ending up in the same predicament.

[UPDATE]  
I would like to update everyone on my recent progress or lack of it.

I tried the 4 in 1 USB key this morning and had no luck with it; if I Press F2 and boot to the diagnostics Key, I have no Firmware Management Option.  Changing F2 to Windows+B  boot just gives me HP troubleshooting Beep codes but I have, 
in my situation a consistent issue when trying to use the Windows+B key to boot into BIOS recovery while a USB stick is connected ( any BIOS flashing USB stick for my model of desktop)

My next plan is to diagnose the beep codes  ( long and short have been noticed, but I need to count them ), which happens when a USB stick is connected up using Windows+B boot to BIOS recover/reflash.   It is strange that the beep codes do not happen at all except in the scenario stating " Windows+B and a BIOS USB stick).  

If I use Windows+B without a USB stick, it looks for BIOS files somewhere ( EFI partition )and reflashes the current BIOS image. 

My last trick would be to get and try the following

1. get the F.55 BIOS image (.BIN and.SIG file) [ the first version I would try to reflash/rollback, you might be to try a different version for your computers ]
  2. copy the image (.BIN and.SIG file)  to the location in the EFI [ this requires the use of a Command Prompt in Windows unless you can get a GUI Windows Explore style view of the EFI partition ] 
  3. then reboot and run Windows+B  and see if it will reflash F.55 BIOS over the top of the current F.57 BIOS

If the above does not work, and I cannot diagnose the issue with a "Windows+B and a BIOS USB stick,"  as I would then have to consider some Linux options.

When I have more information, I will post it here if relevant, and it could be used by others to resolve their issues.

Regards

Iain

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with HP 285 g3 MT having been updated to BIOS version F.57 and now not shutting down and hanging randomly. Can't rollback to F.55 and HP BIOS flash prevent F.55 being flashed over F.57

Note. doing a windows reset results in a hang on a restart leaving windows in a unusable state. Also a clean install of Windows 10 fails on a restart leaving no working OS. So only way to get Windows 10 back on is a clone from another Windows install, doing that does allow shutdowns but still randomly hangs.

So I currently have 25 unusable HP PCs, as they all somehow got the BIOS installed, maybe intune pushed the optional BIOS update.

HP Recommended

This post claims to know a fix and HP agent claims to contact you with solution. I'm waiting on a reply myself. Just thought I would try and help. Will update if I receive a solution. Apparently you need a special software to re flash I'm assuming based off the agent replies I have seen. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/System-freezes-booting-windows/m-p/8612883/hig...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.