Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jokgroup1
Level 1
3 1 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HELP!! MONITOR KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP!!! I NEED IT TO WORK I’M AT MY JOB!!

HP Recommended
Monitor: HP W2081d Computer Hardrive: HP 251-a244 Desktop
I have a HP 251-a244 Desktop with an HP W2081d Monitor. I never have a problem with it.

Everyday before I leave work I usually SHUT DOWN the computer entirely. Yesterday I accidentally put the computer in SLEEP instead of SHUT DOWN. Today I turned on the hardrive, it turned on. But the monitor did not. When I turn it on manually, it seems like it is going to start but I never get as far as a black screen that says “DVI- NO SIGNAL, VGA- NO SIGNAL, Auto- Switch Source: ON, Default Source- DVI, Recommended Settings- 1600x900-60Hz”

THEN, within 5 seconds it quickly goes to a black screen with the message “Monitor going to sleep” & after 2 seconds the monitor is off again.

WHAT CAN I DO ?? It was perfectly fine yesterday & it would have been fine this morning if I had just shut it down instead of accidentally clicking “SLEEP”

OFFER ME SOME SOLUTIONS PLEASE !! I already tried to press F11 repeatedly it didn’t work. I also tried to press the “half moon icon” that stands for “suspended” i believe it is, i pressed that icon twice & nothing happened. I’ve tried to press the space bar & enter & move the mouse & click it repeatedly it did not work at all.

SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HELP ME
1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sounds like the os has crashed,  press the power button till it turns off wait 10 sec and power back on

if it will not power off pressing button for 20 sec, disconect power cord and reboot

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation